Monday, April 8, 2013

A Very Merry Unbirthday Tea Party!

For my daughter's 9th birthday, I was having the longest time figuring out a fun theme for her party. I wanted something girly, but not too girly since she is slowly getting to the "pre-teen-too-cool-for-girly-stuff" stage. After brainstorming with one of my best friends we came up with a Wonderland Mad Hatter Tea Party!

It was the perfect theme for her since she's a little bit quirky and fun and random! This would also be the first party we've hosted since moving and changing schools so her new school friends would be invited :)

I LOVE this theme so much because the possibilities are ENDLESS!!! I used bright colors and patterns  and found all kinds of mismatched party ware.

I got LOTS of inspiration from Pinterest and here is the link to my Mad Tea Party Board.
I had many games planned that I didn't get to, but the kids (and adults!) had fun with the ones we did play! The kids even got to decorate their very own tea cup with Sharpies that we baked in the oven (Another Pinterest Idea)
Many of the things I did myself by hand, with products from Dollar Tree, 99 Cent Store, Goodwill, Party City, and Michaels. Anything else I found elsewhere...

 purchased some adorable tea cup charms for the girls to make necklaces on Etsy from B. Shine & Boots.

I purchased digital paper from PAPERARTMC at her Etsy shop. She had the perfect Alice in Wonderland themed paper that I was looking for!

I also purchased some adorable pink playing cards paper straws on Etsy from The Party Fairy. She also goes by The Sugar Diva. She is AMAZING! I'm addicted to her variety of paper party goods!

We also had a special visitor because Wonderland would not be the same without her! If your local to Orange County they are the BEST in Disney princess entertainment! They are Enchanted Entertainment. Check out and follow their facebook page too! They have lots of lovely pictures!

The best part of the day was when my daughter came up to me later that evening and she was in tears. I asked her what was wrong and her reply was, "I'm sad because we have to wait an entire year until my next birthday!"

If I do say so myself, I think I topped my last party! :)


Purchased some stamps to add an extra touch to the envelopes :)


























































Alice stopped by our Golden Afternoon for a cup of tea from Enchanted Entertainment



Getting ready to play a Mad Musical Chairs





On to the next game..."Painting the Roses Red".




Painting Tea Cups with Alice.








It was definitely a very merry unbirthday!




"Be a source of joy & inspiration" -Walt Disney

*~EVIE~*

1 comment:

  1. I love every single detail of this party that you have planned and I want to tell you that your decoration ideas are up to mark. Your daughter is also looking super-cool in that dress. I am also thinking to plan birthday party for my daughter at Seattle venues and now I think I should also go for the theme you choose.

    ReplyDelete