Friday, April 12, 2013

Flashback Friday Events


I've decided to include a series in my post...Flashback Friday Events!
Even though I'm fairly new to the blogging world, I'm definitely not new to throwing parties with style!

For the first party in the series, I'd like to feature my son's 2nd Birthday that was almost a year ago (June 11)...Angry Birds

Ever since I got my iPhone, he was absolutely been obsessed with this game! It brings a smile to my face to see how serious he is about getting those piggies! So i tossed out my original brainstormed ideas (Elmo and Mickey) and opted for his new obsession (and quite frankly America's newest technology pop culture) Angry Birds! 

At the time of my planning, there wasn't much out "there" in the party world that was Angry Bird themed. The slate was clean and the wheels in my head were turning. I even searched on Pinterest and did not find many ideas. Flash forwarded to today and there are all kinds of ideas and party supplies using the iconic Angry Birds. Shoot there are even Star Wars Angry Birds!! Anyways, back to the point I was trying to make, I basically would be making a lot of party decor!

Here is the link to my Angry Bird Party Board on Pinterest since this is where it all started!

I am very fortunate to know Laura from LAURA'S little PARTY and she was more than willing to create some adorable Angry Bird cup cake toppers. I was even able to use some of them on other items at the party.

And of course no birthday party is complete without and amazing cake! I always call my super talented cousins at Sweet Mima's.

I truly enjoyed the freedom I had to create all the details of this party! 

Check out next series How-To-Tuesdays coming soon!






I made these favor bags with items purchased at the Dollar Tree!

The treat bags were either a Blue Bird, Yellow Bird, or Pig.


I used checkered Duct Tape as bottle labels :)

I also made these hats for guest to wear. Also from the Dollar Tree!




















My "comadre", Benji, and I! :)


"Be a source of joy & inspiration." -Walt Disney
*~EVIE~*

No comments:

Post a Comment