Monday, May 20, 2013

Glass Milk Bottles on a Budget


Lately I've been loving the look of glass milk bottles at all kinds of events. They're even more adorable with a colorful paper straw and dazzling details like tulle or tags or even doilies. Just another detail to get lost in when planning your special events. Here are a few samples I've seen in the party world...





I have not yet used them in one of my events because the price is just not right. They are a rather pricey alternative to "regular" cups and I'm all about affordable alternatives!

Most glass milk bottles are $4 each! If you have BIG events like me, a 20 person party would run you $80 for your drink ware budget! I was able to find some on Etsy for $2 each which is a better deal, but you would still be paying for shipping. Now if you have the budget, by all means, check it out and cross it off your list. 

Here are some great vendors with glass bottle options:

Ella Jane Crafts has them on her Etsy shop for $2 each for a 16 bottle order
Shop Sweet Lulu 6 pack order has the option of plastic reusable lids.
Karas Party Ideas sells them individually

Kara's Party Ideas Shop also includes Plastic milk bottles for a different more kid-friendly option.

After browsing through Pinterest, I stubbled upon this Pin and quickly repinned! It was the first I had seen and it quickly sparked a To Do DIY idea. The Pin caption said, "For cute "milk bottles" at party, buy grocery Starbucks Frappuccino bottles, drink them :), and remove the labels. Perfect party bottles!" 
I knew that my next trip to the store would include "Starbucks Coffee Drinks" on my list!

I ended up picking up the Target brand Archer Farms version because they had a Chai Tea flavor and I LOVE chai tea lattes! :) So I came home with Chai Tea and Vanilla Carmel. Each 4 pack was $4.99 so each glass bottle comes out to $1.25 and in Glass Milk Bottle terms thats a steal (and I get my coffee and drink it too)! You also save A LOT with no shipping cost necessary! 
Its definitely a Win-Win Affordable Alternative


Whats nice about the Archer Farms bottles is that the label is all plastic so when you initially are taking off the plastic wrap in order to open and drink, the entire label peels off and there is no need to pull out your bottle of Goo Gone to remove any sticky residue.

You can of course most certainly use Starbucks bottles like Gilit Cooper did on her Shoes Off Please blog post. You'll just have to spend some added time taking off the sticky label and residue.

I'm working on my collection as we speak, coffee in hand, and can't wait to use them in one of my future events! 

Here is my set of 4 with straws that I purchased on The Sugar Diva's Etsy shop The Party Fairy.



"Be a source of joy & inspiration" -Walt Disney
*~EVIE~*

4 comments:

  1. Awesome! Thanks. Ive been looking for something for my daughter's party and wasn't really in to paying 4.00 a bottle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much the starbucks idea is genius, You wouldn't believe how long i have been searching for cheap milk bottles. Now I can buy them inexpensively with no postage and get coffee and cups for my bbq!

    guesswhathollie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello,

    I found these for $0.87 at http://www.warmimpressions.com/em-perfectly-plain-collection-em-vintage-style-milk-bottles/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love to read it,Waiting For More new Update and I Already Read your Recent Post its Great Thanks.
    RS Glass bottle

    ReplyDelete